Hit and Run Car Accident Lawyer


If you’ve been the victim of a hit and run car accident in which the at-fault driver fled the scene of the crash before providing insurance information, or before the authorities arrive, and you’ve been injured, you may be legally entitled to compensation. A hit and run car accident lawyer can assist with your recovery seeking maximum compensation for your loss.

It is all too common that bad drivers in the Baltimore, Maryland region flee the scene after a car accident, and many do not have insurance.  Maryland state law requires Uninsured Motorist Benefits on most car insurance policies, and these benefits are often available in a hit and run accident. Make sure to file for a police report, and call Car Accident Lawyer Benjamin D. Stirling, Esq. immediately at (410) 929-9988 for a risk-free consultation.

In a hit and run accident, you should:

  1. You should NOT pursue the fleeing vehicle.  There are a multitude of reasons why people would flee the scene of a crash, and some of them are quite bad. The fleeing driver may be armed and dangerous, and it is just not worth the risk to you and your family.
  2. Call the police immediately and request they give you a report.  Tell the police exactly what happened and provide any information you have about the fleeing vehicle. Document your call and interaction with the officer as much as possible should you need such proof later.
  3. Get the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of any witnesses who were at or near the scene of the crash.
  4. Get medical attention immediately if injured.  Let the responding officer know if you need to take an ambulance to the hospital.
  5. Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident and any debris fields nearby.
  6. Verify that you have an active insurance policy in force on the vehicle in which you were in at the time of the crash and get the insurance company any policy number ready.
  7. Call Benjamin D. Stirling, Esq. to discuss your rights as soon as possible.

Threatened or assaulted at home, work, the park or other venue? Call Benjamin D. Stirling, Esq., a Baltimore worker compensation lawyer at (410) 929-9988